Senior Data Engineer
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As our Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of high-performance, resilient, scalable data pipelines/platforms, providing clean and usable datasets into Preveta’s data applications and analytics.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with product managers, analysts, subject matter experts and the rest of the data team to identify valuable data/transformations/insights/metrics used improve patient outcomes
- Design and implement infrastructure, data pipelines, orchestration and observability to efficiently source from multiple healthcare systems – with various access methods and data/file formats – into targeted applications and datasets
- Identify and initiate infrastructure, development and workflow improvements
- Provide mentorship and support to other Data Team members
- Assist with data-related technical issues
The big picture:
At Preveta, we look for people who are empathetic, genuine, compassionate and knowledgeable of the healthcare challenges in patient care. We are serious about improving the future of the U.S. healthcare, but we never take ourselves too seriously, we want to see you love what you do.
For this role:
We are looking for someone who can engage with our team and clients to help provide clarity to the complexity. We want to see your love of data and building infrastructure.We know people are so much more than their resume – but to make sure someone is set up for success in this role, we’re looking for:
- Self-starter that thrives in a remote only work environment, being able to communicate effectively both synchronously and asynchronously
- 5+ years as a data engineer building key datasets and data pipelines against non-trivial source/target data sizes
- Very strong SQL skills, with intimate understanding of things like query tuning, DDL/DML, temp tables, window functions, JSON queries, to write and maintain accurate and performant queries over large data sources.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Experience with teams that release frequently using CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and automated testing
- Experience implementing data pipelines on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) with platforms/tools like Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions, Databricks, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Programing/scripting experience in any language
- Familiarity with Data Lakehouse architectures
- Familiarity with visualization/analytics model platforms like Power BI or Tableau
- Experience working in a fast-growing SaaS start-up or eager to contribute in such an environment
WHO WE ARE
Empathy and care are in our DNA-we are driven by deep and instinctive desire to help others. When our founders’ dear friend Becky was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, coordination breakdowns impeded every step of her care. If not for these systemic barriers, Becky and millions in similar situations might still be alive. Preveta was created to ensure what happened to Becky wouldn’t happen to anyone else.
Our Guiding Principles
Authenticity – We are transparent, empathetic, and candid during every interaction. We strive to create a strong community grounded in honesty and genuine collaboration.
Growth – We focus on ensuring that every team member has the support and resources they need. As we grow internally, our impact increases exponentially.
Respect – We are committed to cultivating a culture of respect. We act kindly, listen fully, take each individual’s perspective to heart, and engage with empathy.
Collaboration – Meaningful collaboration drives better results. We walk alongside each other through the challenges and the triumphs. The strength of the team is each individual member.
Individuality – Every person on the team brings their own character, know-how, background, insights, and questions to the Preveta community. We celebrate and honor these one-of-a-kind traits because they are the elements that help make up our dynamic team.
WHY JOIN US?
We are in an incredibly exciting space as we work to scale a solution that helps save lives. We surround ourselves with people who inspire. We learn and grow from each other. We don’t have time for drama, we trust each other’s individual expertise. Our team is built on trust, curiosity, ingenuity, and playfulness. Our greatest tool is our people, our audacious vision and collaboration get the job done.
Besides being a part of something revolutionary and changing the way we do health care we provide benefits such as:
- We provide a 100% remote work environment with a flexible schedule
- Unlimited paid time off – for vacations, if you’re sick, or if you just need a day
- Healthcare benefits include – medical with telehealth, HSA, dental, vision, mental health
- Reimbursements for your work expenses – for your equipment, and even down to that favorite color sticky note
- Professional development reimbursements, you decide how to use it based on how you learn best
We value diversity on our team and strive to maintain a culture of inclusion and belonging. We believe that teams with different backgrounds and experiences bring uniquely valuable perspectives to our work, and a culture where people can be their authentic selves makes our team stronger and more successful. We’re building a culture grounded in candor, trust, and support of one another; an environment where we are stronger together than each of us could be on our own.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to us at email@example.com!
Schedule a demo
Learn how our software can help your staff run an effective, reimbursable CCM program in as little as two weeks